Monday, June 22, 2015

The American Dream

    Today I want to talk about the American Dream and I don’t mean Dusty Roads that was last week. I want to talk about the idea that we are all “Guaranteed” greatness and fortune here in America. I want to tell you all about how The American Dream is dead and how it is a lie we have all been force fed by bureaucrats who simply want to make promises they cannot keep in order to win our votes. 

    I want to tear apart this idea and explain to you all how dreams ARE NOT REAL, that they are simply illusions of our subconscious that form in our mind while we sleep. I want to urge you to stop pursuing these empty dreams and instead to embrace that this land is the land of opportunity and that it will present many opportunities to you if you truly work for them.





    That’s what I wanted to say, and then I did some research and found this…
   

 That was it, I have no leg to stand on now, and my anger has to cause to be anymore and all by a simple definition. I realize now that it hasn’t been the American bureaucrats lying to any of us; it is our own ignorance on the topic. We have developed an entitled mentality and that has caused us all to use this idea to back up our arguments when we lack the true idea of it.

   
The American Dream is achieved because we live in a land of opportunity. We all have the ability and right to better ourselves, to rise through the ranks, and to strive for more. This was something our elders understood and worked towards. This is something they made sacrifices for in times of need and it is a lesson we as a younger generation need to learn ourselves. The only thing standing in our way is our self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment